Getting the most for my money has long been a personal goal but half the battle is knowing effective ways to do so. I asked for entrants best holiday shopping tip in this month’s giveaway and got expert advice.
Don’t miss these 25 tips readers just like you shared. I learned a thing or two!
- Shop Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
- Shop deals throughout the year.
- Buy wrapping supplies during clearance sales for next year.
- Shop early in the morning to avoid crowds.
- Sign up for store email lists.
- Shop online or locally to save gas.
- Remember to have patience as everything will take longer with more cars and people.
- Google for a store coupon/promo code if you don’t already have one.
- Enter giveaways all year and save the won items for gifts.
- For brick and mortar shopping, plan your route and have separate lists for each retailer.
- Finish shopping by early December so you can enjoy the holidays.
- Give gift cards so the recipients can take advantage of after holiday sales and get more bang for the buck.
- Pay attention to hints dropped by your friends and family all year.
- Find one unique gift and give it to all.
- Store your gift purchases in one place so you can find them when it’s time to give. My mom had a gift closet that was always fun to go through.
- Ask friends/relatives to keep an ongoing wish list so you can reference whenever finding bargains.
- Make homemade gifts.
- Don’t forget the gift of time is priceless.
- Buy only what you need.
- Make a list with current prices so you know when it’s a great deal.
- Use coupons.
- Sign up for store email lists for coupons and free shipping codes.
- Set your holiday budget and stick to it.
- Use a cash-back site (I use Ebates and have earned more than $50 the past few weeks) when shopping online.
- Save money on shipping by shopping online and having gifts sent directly to the recipient.
Lots of these are already part of my holiday shopping routine. Share your favorite tip whether from this list or a new one.